Agriculture – EcoFix(K) is committed to ensuring that farmers produce healthy foods for the society. For the past 8 years, EcoFix(K) has been processing and distributing organic fertilizers to large scale flower farms and vegetable farms as well as to small holder farmers.
EcoFix(K) organic fertilizers are unique in their ability to Increase Yields, Increase Soil Health and Allow for a Cheaper Model of Farming.
EcoFix(K)’s farmer centered model uses a hands on approach through trainings, utilization of demo plots and more to help farmers obtain maximum yields.
• Over 2,000 farmers trained on organic farming and usage of EcoFix(K) organic fertilizer
• Over 8 regional demonstration plots established in Kenya.
• Over 600 tons of fertilizers sold to rejuvenate Kenyan soils
Environment – EcoFix(K) embraces its core value of Environment Stewardship and has developed an income motivated way of conserving the environment. The Croton tree, commonly cut down to make charcoal, is now supplementing household income.
EcoFix(K) and its network of farmers have greatly contributed to conservation and planting of Croton trees around Kenya.
Extraction Process – Croton Oil is sincerely a Green extraction material. After the Croton Nut is harvested, it then undergoes mechanical pressing to produce Croton Oil – a natural process done without the use of harmful extraction chemicals and requiring very small amounts of water. In addition, mechanical pressing ensures the oil retains its bioactives, remaining as potent and nutrient-rich as possible.
- Over 150, 000 Croton trees planted
- Over millions of Croton Megalocarpus trees conserved
- Leaves our waterways clean from harsh extraction chemicals
Energy – Our Pure Croton Nut Oil can be used as a direct replacement for diesel fuel in generator sets and in large stationary diesel engines and in steam boilers.
- The advantages of using Croton Nut Oil include:
- Self-lubricating properties better than diesel
- A flash-point much higher than diesel
- A density slightly lighter than diesel
- An energy calorific value 10% lower than diesel
- Totally miscible with diesel and it can be blended in any ratio with diesel
- Cheaper than diesel due to local production
Over 300,000 litres of bio fuel sold in Kenya to contribute to green energy
Cosmetics & Megalo Oil
Megalo Oil can be applied topically in it’s pure form. It is high in various fatty acids which benefit the skin through hydration, barrier maintenance and protection, anti-inflammatory effects and reduction of UV damage without the harmful side effects of other competitive cosmetic oils.